Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dehydrator!!

Last year my friend found my old dehydrator that I hadn' tused in years, in fact, it still had sunflower seeds from who knows when on the racks!!  LOL!!

He got all excited about it and wanted to try to make jerky.  so we cleaned it up and got to town.  The jerky came out pretty good.  When he headed back home I let him take the dehydrator with him.  In my move to the new place, guess what I found in an unopened box under the sink?  Another dehydrator. LOL!!

It got me to thinking that I wouldn't mind making some more jerky.  So I found me some lean cuts of beef and marinated it in a spicy teriyaki sauce and popped it in the dehydrator!!  The last few hours of the the drying I brushed the straight teriyaki sauce onto the tops of the jerky!!  Wow!!  The best batch yet!!!  Even the girls at work were impressed.

Although I was kinda hoping for a little more kick than it had!!  Next time I think I'll sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top for that added kick!!











As I was finishing up the jerky I was going through the refrigerator and found some cherry tomatoes and fresh basil that were heading towards there last legs, so I cleaned them up and threw them on the dehydrator next!!! 

Oh my goodness!!  They are great!!

Wasn't as impressed with the fruit.  Although the Strawberries, apples, pears and pineapple weren't too bad. 

Need to work on the bananas though!!

I think I'm gonna like this dehydrator!!!

No comments: