Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our 2012 Theme Tree!!!

When getting ready to take down my Christmas tree that I had put up on my front porch this year, my landlord who lives upstairs said she thought it would be kinda cool to keep the tree up (it is a fake one) all year long and change the decorations to fit the upcoming holidays!!

We were all in agreement on that on, esp. me as it saved me from having to take it down and find a place to store the tree!

We decided that for January our tree theme would be a combination of New Years!! and celebrating Carrie's 21st birthday.  Carrie is my best friends daughter.

 Here is what we came up with:


First addition to the tree was on Jan 7.  White lights, multi-colored mardi gras beads, party blowers and Malibu Rum shot glasses.
 The second addition to the tree was added Jan 8 by Carrie and her mother!!  Birthday party hats, birthday garlands and more party blowers!!!


 On Jan 24th Alycia, Carrie's mother, added small bottles of margarita mixers!!!











I still want to get or make a garland sign that says 'Happy 21st Birthday Carrie in 2012' -- This week???!!!!  Then we will need to get a picture of her next to the tree!!!

Next months theme is:  Valentine's Day!!  We encourage all friends who want to come and visit to feel free to bring and add appropriate themed and weather items to the tree!!  The more the merrier!!

No comments: