Thursday, June 30, 2005


Alexis's Fun Fur Knitted Sweater and hat. Years ago I bought a
whole bunch of this tweed-look yarn called cantaloupe for 20 cents
a skein. It has sat in my stash for many, many year. This past
winter I taught my boys how to make knit-in-the-round hats and
had pulled all my boxes of yarn out for them to rummage through
and use the yarn. Way down at the bottom of one of the boxes was
all the cantaloupe yarn. Alexis kept pulling it out and bringing it
to me asking for me to make her something. So I started the little
fun fur trimmed knitted sweater. My daughter saw me knitting it
and loudly proclaimed that I wasn't going to put anything with
that 'Butt ugly' yarn on her daughter.

Here Alexis is with her finished sweater and matching hat. We
could hardly get her to take if off. She even took a nap in it the
first day that I let her wear it. Candace decided that the sweater
and hat her pretty cute after all.

I hear that for the summer Candace had to hide the sweater as she
still loves it even though it is a little bit big on her.Posted by Picasa

No comments: