Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Soldier


My daughter, Candace was in the Army. Back in July of 2003
she was sent to Iraq. I joined a local group of ladies who
called themselves 'The GI Moms' to help support our local
soldiers who were sent overseas. We all made posters of our
soldiers that we could post showing our personal soldiers that
we were supporting.

This is the poster that I made for my daughter. It shows her
Basic and some advanced training pictures, pictures from her
first tour of duty to Korea, and some pictures of her in Iraq.
The most heart wrenching ones were of her and her 6 month
old daughter she had taken right before she left for Iraq.

I titled my poster 'My Solder/My Hero'. The poem I wrote
for this poster says:
  • My soldier is so much more than just another fighter in the Army
  • My soldier is my daughter/ the little girl I held and protected.
  • My soldier is a grand daughter/ Cherished still by her wonderful grandparents.
  • My soldier is a mother/ Who will miss so many of her daughters firsts
  • My soldier is a local Ukiah girl/ Who was born and raised right here.
  • My soldier is a beautiful singer/ with a voice we all wait anxiously to hear.
  • My soldier is my best friend/ One who I wish comes home safely soon.
  • My soldier is . . . . . . My Hero.

I am glad to say that Candace came home safely in February of 2004. Posted by Hello

No comments: