Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Geocache #6


Whoohoo!! Yesterday went out with my oldest son who flew into town to spend the holidays at home so I decided to introduce him to geocaching. After much deliberation we chose to look for one of the caches that I have been looking for and not finding -- this was my 3rd time out looking for it, but I just knew it was there!!!

Low and behold, we find it!! Mt GPS was way off -- probably why I was having such a hard time finding it all these times(yeah!! its a cheaper one). So while Chris was looking through the bushes and trees where I had already looked twice before I stood back and surveyed the entire area and decided to look in the one spot that I hadn't looked in yet . . . so I walk over to it, duck my head under the hanging branches and look up (we knew to look up from the hint) and right there it was just as plain as day!! Called Chris over and asked him if he could see it!! Good thing I had him with me as it was just out of my reach (but I would have gotten it even if he wasn't there lol).


So we take it back to the car and take a good look at it -- this geocache was my first one to find that was in an official 'geocache' container!! It was considered a micro and only had room for the log, but we took pictures and I signed it, then I sent Chris to hang it right back in the tree where we found it for the next geocacher to find!! Yahoo another cache found!!



Maybe I'll have a convert to geocaching and when I go to visit him in Colorado we can go geocaching there too!!

No comments: