Saturday, December 05, 2009



I can't believe how much fun this Geocaching is!! Yesterday spent the day caching and found three caches!! Two were pretty much alike, but hey!! I still found them!!



Here is a picture of GC(Geocache)#2 still in its little hiding spot, can you see it!! This was considered a microcache - meaning that it was small enough that there was only room for log to sign the owner of this cache had also added a very small gel pen to sign the log!!





This was my GC#3. I had been out here a few days before looking and looking, but had given up as I didn't want people to start thinking I was crazy or something!! Part of the allure of Geocaching is doing it without letting others that are just hanging around know what you are doing--hahahaha guess what they call those people? Muggles -- sound familiar?


When I went back yesterday to find this GC I parked right beside this light and was focusing on the Willow tree next to it. After quite a few looks I sat down in the car and pondered some more while pretending to read. The hint was "Do you know what an electrlier is?" I had looked it up and knew that it was a fancy name for chandelier. Ah. . . could it be that simple. A 'light'! So I jumped up to see if the light skirt would move at all and low and behold it totally lifted up and there was my little 'pill' bottle cache!! There was room for small tradeables but I didn't take anything but left my name on the log and a small copper sun/moon bead.


I looked for quite a few more GC'z throughout the day, but most of them had to many people around. These caches were 'in town' caches and being a friday afternoon town was pretty busy. Finally found another tree skirt cache as my GC#4. It was a large camoed 'pill' bottle cache with quite a few tradeable items.

Here is a snapshot of the loot in GC#4's bottle. I took the little red comic pin and added a set of soft earplugs.

All in all I think I had a pretty good day of Geocaching!! Since I have the whole weekend off was thinking of maybe heading out to the lake to see if I can find a few out there. But not sure, it is winter and the ground could be pretty muddy!!!

No comments: