Saturday, March 05, 2011

Geocache #272

Feeling pretty good about finding the first cache I went out searching for pretty quickly today.  Some days you look for lots and find few, other days you find most but maybe not all!!  Today I am hoping to find them all!!!  How's that for optimism?

Yep there was SWAG
 Second cache of the day was just a little around the corner from the first one.  It's called 'Bird Bridge'  (hmmmm not sure why, didn't see any birds around)  Ok so it was about a half a mile.  In the info it said to 'park and walk' so I parked the car in a turnout and headed in the direction the GPS was taking me. . .down towards the river. . .under the bridge. . .up the other side. . .hmm, GPS points back to the other side. . .down, under and up again. . .Oh yeah, there is a hint. . .Look up and X marks the spot. . . now I'm close to ground zero and looking up for that crazy X . . .

I was so busy looking for the X I didn't see the piece of wire on the ground and ended up on my knees in the mudd. . .bummer. . .didn't get hurt just a bit of mudd on the knees and so glad no one around to see. 

An arrow pointing to the cache and
I, finally, decided that it had to be in the rocks and started looking there and moving rocks. . . moved one just enough to notice that it sounded hollow underneath.  Sure enough there it was!!

GEO spray painted on the rocks
After laying the SWAG out and backing up enough to get a picture I noticed what the rocks directly above the cache said!  This cache was all but jumping up and down waving its arms at me!  Boy did I make it harder than it should have been.  But still looking for that X. . .maybe they should have said 'Look up and the arrow points right to it'.

Cache was larger than I thought, so I didn't bring any SWAG with me.  Decided that I had had enough and didn't want to take chances with that wire again so took nothing and left nothing!!

No comments: