Saturday, March 05, 2011

Geocache #274

Woot!!  Woot!!  3 for 3!!!  And onto the next Redwood Valley cache!!


Cheese Factory
 'Who Cut the Cheese???'

As I was heading back towards the Highway I decided I would try to find this cache.  The closer I came to ground zero I realized that there was a truck with its parking lights on and a driver in it where I wanted to park, another cacher???  Hmmm. . . . what to do. . . . catch it another day or wait it out!! 

Decided to drive a bit down the road and turn around. By the time I got back to ground zero the truck and driver was gone and I was free to park there myself.  As I was parking another truck pulled out of the driveway of the cheese factory that was there.  Looked like a little mom and pop place making and selling Mexican cheese Queso Fresco . . . hmmmm a few months ago a friend of mine and I were looking for a place that sold authentic Queso Fresco.... I'll have to keep this place in mind next time we're looking.

Cache was pretty easy to find, getting it was the problem with so many muggles driving by.


inside pole hanging from line

First attempt to pull it out was unsuccessful, darn thing was heavier than I thought and another car headed this way.  Second attempt I was able to get something to the top and saw what looked like a dead bird. . . yuck!!!  I promptly dropped it back down in the hole!!   OK, way clear again. . . I pulled it up and heard the bird drop on through and was able to get the cache out, but unable to take the whole thing to the car to sign as it was attached and only the top came off in my hand.  Pulled log out and signed it, added a marble and replaced cache as found. 

Wow!!  Sure glad that the fishing line didn't break,  felt like I was pulling pretty hard.

No comments: