Saturday, March 05, 2011

Geocache #275 and unexpected last of the day!!

Woot!!  Woot!  Woot!!!

Looked for 5 caches today and found all 5 caches!! 

Quick find!!! Parked at the head of a long private drive within 50 feet of the cache.  Guess they named it after the private road 'Black Bark West'.  Nice SWAG took a factory reject geocoin (guess it's not a trackable coin anymore as it was rejected and number removed, but it was pretty) and headed up to the car to replace it with some of my SWAG.


Bad news. . . locked my keys in the car when I went to look for this cache.   What to do??


Good Karma side

Bad Karma side
I called my BFF's husband to help me, and found out that my BFF was in town, he called her and she went to my house to pick up my spare key and bring it to me!   Whew!!  What a relief!  While waiting I checked out the deactivated geocoin.  OMG!!!  It's a Karma coin --- one side 'Good Karma'  the other ' Bad Karma'  What a hoot!!  Guess I'm having the 'Bad Karma' today!!!

OK, got spare key, oh no it doesn't work.  Called BFF's husband again and he came up to try to get into car.  No go!!  These new cars (well its a 2002) are made harder to break into I guess.

cache under the rocks!!
Long story short, I ended up calling my insurance company who said I was covered under my emergency roadside services.  Yahoo!!!  Guess I should have called them first!!  It only cost me $3 out of pocket in the end!!

So 3 wet hours later, yep the rain started up again, I was able to get into my car!!  BFF's daughter found the cache during that time too and we added some SWAG from her stash!!

Instead of caching more today in the rain BF, her daughter and I went out for a nice relaxing Italian dinner nearby!!  Her hubby headed back home to sleep before he had to head off to work.

No comments: