Saturday, March 05, 2011

Geocache #273 and Wholphin TB drop

Now I'm feeling really good -- 2 for 2 today!! 

2nd half of steps


Steps heading down
 
 Now onto the next one -- 'Mariposa Creek Cache'.  Looks like another park and walk to it cache. 

After locating the 'steps' referred to in to info I headed on down them and away from the tunnel and water.  Followed a small path until the blavkberry bushes started getting a little bothersome and GPS said not in that direction anyway.  So I stopped and took a quick look around.

Root & bark
Hmmm. . . . up there, looks kinda suspicious, like that bark was put there on purpose to hide something.  Now just need to find a path or way up to it without breaking my neck.  Nice hint 'Stached under a root and covered by bark. . .up high.

Well from where I am on the path it is up high.  Almost didn't make it up there with the damp, slippery ground and my poor balance.  No way I would have come back up this way to exchange SWAG!!  LOL

nice SWAG
Good thing I put some SWAG in my pocket as there was plenty of SWAG in this cache. . .decided that I would drop off the Wholphin TB that I picked up a few weeks ago as this was a good size cache and didn't look like it had a problem with water or not being found on a regular basis.  It was a hard choice to pick which SWAG to take, just about took the small wine bottle -- it was so cute but decided on a small tupperware like container its next to the wine bottle in the picture. . . and I mean small.


Tunnel

The view of the river and tunnel mentioned in the info was nice with the water running as it is rainy season, but am sure that by the end of the summer the water gets pretty low to non existent.  You can't really see it in the picture, but the inside of the tunnel is covered with grafitti!!

No comments: