Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Monday - found Geocache # 278!!

Yes, it has been raining like the Dickens around here lately, but I saw a bit of sun out Monday and decided to try my hand at finding a cache or two -- so it was only one cache I actually found and signed. 

Pretty sure about a second one, but will have to go back when there are less people around.   Thought it would be pretty deserted with the ground being so wet and all. There were no children playing nearby, but plenty of adults sitting around in vehicles pretty close to ground zero!!

Re-walked a third multi-cache one that I was having trouble with.  I thought I was only wrong on a couple of the stages, but after checking all the stages again I found that I had a couple of mistakes on a coule of the other stages.  Came up with a whole new number for the coords, but still not sure I'm in the right spot in the end.  Will probably have to contact the owner of the cache and see what I'm doing wrong on that one.


near ground zero
cache site after a bit of clearing
The cache I found was a very traditional cache.  Once I figured out where ground zero really was.  The GPS was bouncing a bit due to the trees and the cloudy skies overhead.  It was covered well, but with the help of a nearby branch/stick I was able to figure out just where it was.  Picture was taken after I misplaced some of its ground cover.  Ground was pretty wet and muddy and no place to sit and check out the stash, and I didn't want to take chances walking all the way back to the car to look at it.  So did a quick look, signed the log and took a sudoku clue (one of three) to a secret cache.  Will just have to find the other two sudoku caches to actually get all the clues to find that secret cache.  The nearby creek, which is pretty low during the summertime was mighty full today!!

Orr Creek



No comments: