Wednesday, April 06, 2011

4/4 Geocaching in Colorado - # 287

Colorado Spirit Quest #202 - Pioneer Cemetery

The Colorado Spirit Quest is a series of Caches placed by many individuals, near cemeteries and historic sites in hopes of paying respect to the many pioneer ancestors that have 'walked' before us.

During previous visits to Colorado I have found a few others in this series!!


This particular cache I have searched for before with my grand daughter on a previous visit with no luck.  I knew it was a small cache container, but so many branches to look through.

Sondra and I were about to give up, in fact, Sondra had wondered over and was looking at some of the nearby headstones,  she probably gets that from her dad as he is the avid geneologist in the family and has been known to visit graveyards during his vacations to find more 'buried family'.

I perservered and out of the blue looked up and there it was.   Probably had my hands on it more than once.

The log was full, so we replaced the log - I posted a note to the cache owner that I would be more than happy to send the old log to them if they wanted - and signed it.  Then hung it back in its place!!

Glad to get this one off my list!!!







No comments: