Sunday, April 17, 2011

Books!!

Finished 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen. I really liked it!!  I think I will have to check out the movie when it comes out!!

Didn't have any plans for the weekend so I stayed home, mostly in bed and read.  Started and finished 'Slow Man' by J. M.  Coetzee.   It was a interesting read.  A different perspective I must say.  It was one of the books that I have collected intending to read sooner or later from the list '1001 Books You Must read Before You Die' by Peter Boxall.  When I went to cross it off my list I found out that they have updated the list and a few of the books that I have read already have been deleted, including this one!!!  Wow!!  The only reason I read this book is becasue it was on that list!!  LOL!!  Oh well!! 

After doing a bit of research I found out that there have been three books published, also found a list of all the books included in the three publishings for a total of 1294 books.  I guess with each new publshing they have deleted some books to add more newer books.  Not sure how they decide which books to add and which to delete!!  I think I will stick to full list!(makesmy list not look so bad).   So here is the total list with the ones that I have read marked: updated list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (all included).  May never get to read them all, but will have fun trying!! 

No comments: