Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Sunday Girly get-together today.

Looks like there is no Girly get-together later today as Trish is still on her way home from visiting family!!

Guess that leaves me more time to catch up on reading!!  LOL!

Started reading 'Dangerous Liaisons' by Choderlos de Laclos.  Yep another book on my list of '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'.  It is a collections of letters that make up the story.  "For the Marquise and Vicomte de Valmont seduction is a game. . .Depicting decadence and moral corruption in pre-revolutionary France, Dangerous Liaisons (1782) is one of the most scandalous and controversial novels in European literature."

So far it is easy to read.  I was a little worried that reading a collection of letters would be boring, but not so far!!

When looking for a picture for the book I found that a movie had been made of this book back in 1988 with John Malkovich, Glenn Close, Michelle Pfieffer and Uma Thurman, so I did a search on netflix.com and found that I can watch it on instant play!!  Hmmmm I will have to take some time to watch the movie after I finish reading the book!!  won't even have to place it on the top of my list!!

On another thought I might head to Hopland with a friend later in the afternoon, we'll see!!

No comments: