Friday, April 15, 2011

Update on books I am reading!!

Yes!!  I have been reading, just forgetting to blog what I've been reading!!

I finished reading both book 2 and 3 of 'The Book of Swords' by Fred Saberhagen.  Just before I left for a little vacation to see the kids and grandchildren. Very interesting if you like the fantasy sci-fi type.  Kept my interest, although they were each fairly long books!! 

Needed a break from that type of fantasy, and since I was traveling I decided to read a book of short stories about time travel -- 'Veils of Time', which included 4 short stories.  'And the Groom Wore Tulle' by Lynn Kurland, 'The Con and the Crusader' by Maggie Shayne, 'A Bride Most Common' by Angie Ray and 'Conyn's Bride' by Ingrid Weaver.  All very entertaining and mindless, just perfect for long plane rides.






I noticed that 'Water for Elephants' the movie will be coming out in the next few weeks.  I have had that book for a couple of years and hadn't read it.  I just hate to watch a movie that was made from a book before I read the book.  Mostly because the book is so much more than the movie. 


So I sat down and started reading 'Water for Elephants' by Sara Gruen.  Almost finished with it!!  Excellent book!!  I hope the movie can do it justice.  Don't hate me for saying that I am not that great a fan of Robert Pattinson though.

No comments: