Sunday, February 20, 2011

Geocache #259


SWAG
Travel Fun cache
Alycia(AllieBee) and I decided to go geocaching today.  It was the perfect day for it, other than it has been raining for the past week or so and the ground was a bit soggy in places.  But not too bad if you were careful.#1 cache of 12 for the day was just this side of Hopland and a new known Travel Bug (TB) hotel.  I had been here before on a trip to pick up some wine at Jaxon Keyes, but decided then I wasn't properly dressed to be tracking in the bush!!  So here we are back to check it out.  AllieBee made a fairly quick find of this cache nestled in the bushes--I'm sure I was all over that bush both this time and last time as that is where my GPS kept taking me.  Guess you have to be at just the right angle to see it!!  Sometimes being short pays off and tall NOT!!  Can you see it nestled there? It is pretty well camoed too!
Loggerhead Turtle Geocoin
 
Christmas TB
 
Had a nice pick of SWAG and a few TB's and coins too!!  AllieBee nabbed the green sunglasses right off saying that she had forgot hers and she didn't care if they looked goofy or not, this was saving her money!  I picked up a TB called 'Christmas' a simple jingle bell attached to the tag, and a geocoin called 'Loggerheads Turtle Geocoin'. 


Our homemade magnets

Dropped off a TB called 'For my Rose' I forgot to take a picture of it as I thought there was already one at the TB site, but alas no!  It was a cute little stuffed tiger.  I, also, left a magnet that Alexis, my grand daughter, and I made last summer just for geocaching SWAG.  

All in all a good first cache of the day and my 259th cache found!!
 

No comments: