Friday, February 25, 2011

Next book on my list to read!!

Finished 'Night of Many Dreams' by Gail Tsukiyama. Very good!!!

I mentioned a little earlier that I had read a book in my stash that I had for quite awhile that I had listed on a swap list and got a request for.  In the end, before sending it off I decided I really did need to read it.  Then was plesantly surprised that I, actually, had liked the book and had to order some more of his books. 

Well, most of his books are series, I was only able to actually swap one or two here and there and put the rest of them on my 'wish list'.  Although one of the series, a triad or trilogy, I was able to find all in one book - and it came in the mail a couple of days ago.  Just in time to start reading after finishing 'Night of Mnay Dreams. 

So now I have started book 1 of the the triad/trilogy of 'Books of Swords' by Fred Saberhagen. So far so good, only a little ways into the book as I started back to work for my long stretch last night!!  Only thing I really don't like about this book is that I don't particularly like hardbound books - they are just so awkward to read, and - yep - it's a hardbound book.  But it saved be two credits and was able to request a couple of other books with instead - kinda like a 3 for 1 special.  LOL!

Well, the snow stopped shortly after I got home from work.  When it does snow here it doesn't last very longand very rarely sticks!!  Now it is just raining again.  Not sure what whoke me up, but then I couldn't get back to sleep right away, so sat down at the computer for awhile till I started to feel drowsy again.  Now back off to bed to get a little more sleep before heading back to work this evening.

On a side note, tomorrow is potluck saturday night at work ---- hmmm what to bring.  Thinking about either taking a 'Tomato Florentine' soup that I made a big pot of yesterday, or some 'Albondigas' soup(a spicy Mexican meatball soup with veggies).  My friend and I made some 'Albondigas' soup a couple of months ago, a first time for me, and  we made way tooooooo many meatballs for it, so we vacumn sealed and froze up half of them.  All I would need to do is thaw the meatballs and add the veggies and let it simmer in the crockpot!!  Hmmm what to do!!??

Guess I'll sleep on it!!

No comments: