Friday, February 11, 2011

Update: Yarn for my Knit-A-Long (KAL)

Yahoo!!!  Yarn came in for my Knit-A-Long(KAL) today!! 

Was headed out the door to a staff meeting when I noticed that the mailman had left my package by the door.  I tossed it in the kitchen and hoped that I could get back to it later --- We were really, really busy last night at work and it looked like they were going to need some extra help tonight and I volunteered to be available, I would find out at the staff meeting if I was staying and working or able to head back home and start fingering some yarn.

Well. . . I was able to head back home -- on call that is, but still able to start fingering that box of new yarn!!!

I got home and pulled open that box --- oh what nice bulky, soft yarn!!! 

But I really needed to get a few things done before I started working on that project. . .

I warmed up a bowl of soup and sat down to eat it and do some facebooking, but that box just kept pulling my attention.  I, finally, gave in to it and started my new project --- here's hoping that I finish it too!!!  Thus the reason for joining a Knit-A-Long, incentive to keep me on tract!!

I soon realized that, true to their word, it does work up fast since you use pretty large needles and a bulky yarn.  Within in a couple of hours I had a nice piece of the back done.  At this rate I should be able to catch up with the rest of the knitters pretty quick!!

No comments: