Sunday, February 20, 2011

Geocche #269

Geocache #11 of 12 for the day!!  Headed back towards home Ukiah/Willits We made a quick stop in Geyserville as we took the old highway through town and picked up another Cache. 

Yet another cache that I had been to and looked for before with no luck.  We were just about to give up on this one again before finally finding it.

See the cache in the groove?
AllieBee when we pulled up said 'Lampskirt', I looked at the lampskirt and said I don't think so.  We then proceeded to try to lift the skirt up and it didn't budge.  This lamp was different than most of the lampskirt caches we have found.  So we fumbled around and looked in the bushes, even looked along the abandoned tracks.  Our GPS kept bringing up back to the lamp!!

unique small lock-n-box
Before actually giving up I started poking around the lampskirt again.  The side panel on it was bolted shut - not in there.  I then looked down the space between the skirt and the pole and could see something opaque down there.  I called AllieBee over to take a look and we both asked the question at the same time. "How do we get it out of there'?

About that time I took ahold of the skirt with both hands this time and gave a good yank. . .up came teh skirt and out fell the cache!! 

AllieBee shifting skirt
I've never seen a container like this, but it sure looks like it would keep the damp out.  I think it is lock-n-box type container, just have never seen one that small before.

We did a quick signing of the log and replaced it.  We had to shift the skirt around a bit to get it to fall back in place with AllieBee pinching her finger - ouch!! 

But able to log a successful find for this cache too!!

No comments: