Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday night potluck at work - again!!

Here it is saturday night at work again - Brenda decided a few years back that if we had to be working on a saturday night we needed to have some fun and started the potluck saturday night thing. 

I decided to make the 'Chicken Tortilla Soup' and found a nice easy recipe at http://www.cdkitchen.com/ lo-fat too!!  I made it like the recipe excpt that I baked the chicken when I got home from work this morning and let it cool while I slept for awhile.  When I woke up around 1'ish this afternoon I threw everything except the cilantro, lime juice and tortillas into the crockpot and let it simmer the rest of the afternoon.  I then made the tortilla strips (coated with olive oil flavored pam and baked) and let them cool.  Right before I unplugged the pot to head to work I added the lime juice, dished up a bowl to take a picture and to taste.  I think I need to stop by the store on the way to work and get a bit of sour cream.  Cause a dollup of cream in the middle would make it perfect!!

Hmmm, hmmm good if I say so myself!!

Here's to another good potluck saturday night -- hopefully it won't be as busy as it was last night and we can enjoy Brenda's 'Pot Stickers' and my 'Chicken Tortilla Soup'.

1 comment:

Lilie said...

The Chicken Tortilla soup was a hit!! Thought that I would be able to bring quite a bit of it home to freeze up for furture dinners at work. Was only able to get one bowl worth to the freezer!!!