Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Books Update cont!!!

Oops!!  Almost forgot.

I'm sure I mentioned sometime in the past that I just cannot read one book at a time.  I posted the books that I had downloaded to my Kindle and was or had just read, but sometimes you just need the smell and feel of reading a real book!!

So the real book that I am reading at the moment is 'The Tale of Genji'  by Lady Murasaki.  Wikipedia.com had this little blurb about the book:  'The Tale of Genji' is a classic work of Japanese literature attributed to the Japanese noblewoman Murasaki Shikibu in the early 11th century, around the peak of the Heian period. It is sometimes called the world's first novel, the first modern novel, the first psychological novel or the first novel still to be considered a classic.

And, Yes!!  I did get this book via PaperBackSwap.com.  It came in just a few days ago.  When I am done I will repost it and send it onto the next person who wants to read it!!  Or I could keep it if I wanted, bt I rarely keep books after I have read them.

No comments: