Monday, May 16, 2011

Second saturday - May 14th

I can't believe it!!  All my friends bailed on me!!

Took me most of the day to make myself get out of bed and go to this by myself!!

After getting out there I was so glad that I did -- nice day, although it wasn't as hot as it has been.  Forcast was saying that it was suppose to be overcast.  OK so I wouldn't have wanted to be out in my shorts, but I was fine in short sleeves and jeans!!

Didn't hit all the wineries but did make it to 4 places and ran into great people to chat with!!

Frankie J & Anita Blu
Milano Winery had some live music by  and Frankie J and Anita Blu nice and easy to listen to jazz and blues.  Might have to check them out at a few of the other places that they will be playing around the area!!  Great to see local talent!! 

Visited and tasted for awhile there -- found out that my wine club shipment was in and that I am scheduled to work next weekend when they will be having their wine pick-up party, so I picked mine up and just had to get a couple of bottles of 'Sunshine' too!!

Then I headed on into Hopland and spent some time visiting at the McNab tasting room!!! What wonderful people and some really good wines too!  Just about picked up some more 'Charisma' but held off since I have 2 bottle at home already.

Denise paired up some yummy curried prawns over coucous with their French Colombard wine.  Yummy, Yummy!!

One of these days I just might have to join their wine club too!!!



I then headed across the street to visit with Bernadette at SIP!!  Just for the fun of it!!! We talked wines and geocaching!!  I always like to try to get new people interested in geocaching!!!  She couldn't believe that there were any in or around Hopland!!!



To end my day I drove down the road and landed at Jaxon Keys!!  One of my favorite places to just buy a glass and sit on their wrap-around porch and enjoy the view -- for hours!!  They are open late for second saturdays so it's a nice place to end the day!!  Frankie J was just leaving there when I pulled up and we stopped and chatted a bit!!   Then went up and met quite a few people that were from out of town tasting in our wonderful valley!! 

So, yes I had fun even though I ended up having to go out by myself!!  Hopefully next month everyone won't bail on me as it can be twice as much fun with good friends!!

No comments: