Saturday, May 14, 2011

Geocache #298 - Pueblo CO - 4/7/11

Again . . . trying to catch up on my geocaching!!!  One of these days!!

This is going back too my last day in Colorado on my visit to the older children last month.

My plane didn't leave Denver till after 10pm so I had a full day in Pueblo, Candace had to work, Bob got off early and decided to go out with me and see just what this geocaching was all about!!

The first one we tried to get to, we had a hard time figuring out how to get to it!!  The closest parking area had a fee attached to it, so we decided not to pay it and headed to a nearby one!!

Realignment 96

Once we figured out where we could park and walk to it, I found it pretty quickly!!  Bob had taken the dog and Alexis and walked ahead of me to where he thought it was --- seems that he was right.  I was a little slower following the GPS compass which eventually led me to where Bob was looking all over for the cache!!  As I walked up I said 'I see it!!'  Actually, the first spot where I thought it was turned out not to be it, it was on the other side . . . Bob was still pretty amazed at how quickly I found it. I told him about looking for piles of rocks that didn't quite look naturally placed. 

We then had a good look at the monument that was mentioned in the description of the cache!!  He was pretty excited about finding the cache.  Too bad it was the only one we had time for as he was called to head back to work!! 

Picked up a Path Tag - hadn'tever seen one of those and I thought it was like a travel bug.  When I did some research later on it I found that it was more like a specially made signature tag that people collect.  You can collect them or place them further along in another cache!!  Check them out here: Pathtags.com


















What Are Pathtags?


Pathtags are personal trading items. Used most often in Geocaching, they are also very handy for Scouting, Military and Promotional use. Our online gallery displays many of the thousands of tags which have been designed by individuals and produced by us. This page provides a more detailed introduction to what Pathtags are. There are lots of detailed photos, please be patient while they load. The physical Pathtag integrates with our online community to enable collecting and trading of tags with others from all over the world.
 
Pathtags are not typically traveling items such as Geocoins or Travel Bugs. They are generally used as personal "signature items" for Geocaching or other trade item. If found, simply log it and the tag's profile will display for you to view. Unless the profile says otherwise, you are welcome to add it into your permanent collection.


There are Pathtags accessories, like the Pathtag Sherpa Geocoin, which turn the Pathtag into a traveling item. In these cases, they are intended to stay with the coin or travel bug to which they are affixed and should be moved along like another traveler.
Representation of the PathTag I found in Colorado
Pathtags are produced from your own personal design.

No comments: