Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Geocaches #291, #292, #293 & #294

Wow!!  I have been remiss in blogging my geocaches -- last I bloggged was geocache #290 -- Just recently I found Geocache #333.  I must catch up before I head out and find some more.  I think Kim and I are planning to go out on Thursday, but I'll have to double check with her if that is still on!!!

Alot of these are pretty routine caches, so will probably blog some of them together!!

These next 4 caches were found on 4/5/11 while I was visiting my two older children in Colorado.  I was staying with my daughter in Pueblo and had decided to borrow the car and head up to Pueblo to visit with my son on his day off!!

As for Geocache #291 

Who's Guarding the Pinon Bridge Cache?

A quick cache and dash, but not quite where I thought it would be in the guardrail!!  But close enough to grab it quick and STL.  Can't find any pics of my escapade!!  Bummer!!  Hmm I am now wondering if it was suppose to be in the guardrail and it had just fallen out.  Oh well!! I put it back as I found it, trying to camo it with surrounding rocks and such.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Geocache #292 was just a little bit further down the road.

Stonewatch Keep

As I found a place to pull over I could see what I thought was the cache from my window. Yep sure enough it was!! Another quick cache and dash!! Tried to get a picture of 'Stonewatch Keep' but it didn't turn out.  I guess the owner of this cache is a big 'World of Warcraft' fan and the buildings beyond the fence and down the road reminded him of 'Stonewatch Keep' in WOW
WOW's Stonewatch Keep


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Geocache #293 was found just a little further along the same road!

Walking Stick Flats

Another quick cache and dash -- sorry can't seem to find the picture of this one either.  I seem to recall it was another one found in the ground at the base of a fence post.  STL.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Geocache #294 another one that was seen from the car. 

South Meridian

This one was found near the corner fence post at the intersection of the road - can't even remember what frontage road I started out on and another road that 'T'd' into it!!  I needed to start heading back toward the Highway as this road wasn't getting any closer to Hwy 25, in fact, it was going further and further away.  The other road headed back towards the highway!!


As seen from the car
SWAG
I was hoping to place a few travel bugs that I had picked up in California and this one was big enough, but I was leary of placing one in a cache that was so easily seen -- not sure how long it would actually be there and I wuld hate to place a bug where it would get muggled!!  I've seen it happen and then the travel bug is lost in the void!!






No comments: