Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Geocache #295 - Found 4/5/11 in Colorado Springs

So the plan was that I was to drive my daughter's car to the Springs, she had driven in with her husband who had dropped her off in fountain on his way to work at the base.  I would then visit with my son and his girlfriend if she wasn't working and then I would pick Candace up from work and we would drive back to Pueblo together!!

I spent a wonderful afternoon with my son.  We went to lunch and then he took me back to his place and showed me what he has been working on musically.  Here is a picture of the guitar he had made with his father and grandfather while he was visiting California at Christmas time.  He, also, played me some of the tunes he has been working on.  Did I mention that my son is very musically inclined, he has been writing his own music for a few years now.  I wish he couldget it published -- maybe one of these days!!

Carleen, his girlfriend, met us at his place.  We then headed out to meet her former boss who was responsible for opening up a new satelite college in fountain and wanted to show her the facility.  She is hoping to get hired on there.  We got there before he did and while we were waiting we decided to see if there were any close caches.  My GPS said that there was one right in the parking lot that we were sitting in.  But when we went to look we found nada.  After reading a few of the recent logs, it looks like this cache is MIA.

Geocache# 295
Front Range Washout

We still had some time to kill so we went to the next closest cache just a few blocks down the road. We did have to get out of the car and walk a little ways, but it was a nice paved trail and we didn't have to walk too far.  Aong the way Carleen picked up a fancy paper clip and pocketed it.  Turned out that the cache was big enough that we ended up putting the paper clip in with the rest of the SWAG.

While we were trying to cover things back up so that it looked more natural a couple walked by walking their dog.  Since we had been taking pictures of the site Carleen and Chris stood up and said loudly, 'Hey mom, can you take our picture'  good cover for our blundering!!






Chris and Carleen
Afterwards we headed back to meet Carleen's former boss.  He was even aware of what geocaching was and was surprised that there was supose to be one in his parking lot!!

We then headed over to find where Candace worked, again getting there with plenty of time to spare - we tried to find a nearby cache, but alas it is still there to find another day!!

No comments: