Monday, May 30, 2011

The past couple of weeks the movies that I have been watching on netflix.com have been coming from the books that I have recently reread/read or have read in the past from the list '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'.  I have been pleasantly surprised at how many have actually been made into films. 

M previous post was of the books I have recently read.  This list is from books that I have read in the past and actually still remember them.  Or read in the past few years.  Although there have been a few that have had no film adaptation made.

In my queue to watch are a couple of films about 'Huckleberry Fin' as I remember rereading that one last year --- and again I left the cartoon or animated films out.  Can't recall how many times I cofussed the story lines from Huckleberry Fin and Tom Sawyer!!!  After rereading the book I think I might have them figured out.  Believe it or not Tom Sawyer is not of the list!!!







'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer' One of the first books that I read when I started reading from '1001 books You Must read Before You Die' I remember thinking as I was reading this book, why is this one of the books I must read before I die? What is so special about this book? Cause I don't really like it all that much. Then remembered . . . . .
'For discerning bibliophiles and readers who enjoy unforgettable classic literature, it is a trove of reviews covering a century of memorable writing. Each work of literature featured here is a seminal work key to understanding and appreciating the written word.'
 Which to me means I may not like some of them all that much, but it helps me to follow and understand how writing evolved through the centuries to what we read now. Was pleasantly surprised that I, actually, found a film based on this book. Can't wait till it reaches the top of my queue.  and another film with Alan Rickman in it!!!  All of you who may not know who alan Rickman is -- think Harry Potter's Professor Snape -- hewas always one of my favorites for some reason, probably because I like the actor!!

'Catch 22' is another one from the list that I read when my youngest son was in high school as it was on their reading list. I have heard from lots of friends that they really liked this book, but again not one that I really liked all that much -- maybe the film will change my mind. By the Way this is one that was deleted by the third edition.







And another film in my film queue is 'Adam Bede'  downloaded this free from online a year or so ago and read it!!  Interesting book, watching the film will be an experience!

Well, that's my list of films to watch so far!!  The 7 dfferent ones for 'Jane Eyre' will take awhile as only one of them is on instant view!!  As I continue to read/reread books from the list I am sure that I will be adding more to my list!!

No comments: