Friday, May 20, 2011

Girls night out!

Well, it looked like everyone bailed on me for Ukiah's 'Girls Night Out too!

I decided that I would check it out anyway. . . got all the way downtown and was trying to psyche myself up to head out on my own when my phone rang. . . another friend of mine was calling wanting to go out for dinner!! 

So instead of going to 'Girl's Night Out' it looked like I was heading to 'El Azteca' for dinner and margarita's.  Hmmm, hmmmm good!!

While eating and chatting with my friend I mentioned that I was going to go to 'Girl's Night Out' when she called.  She decided that after dinner we were going to head downtown and catch the tail-end of 'Girls Night Out'.

Once we got downtown, it looked pretty much deserted, we had to look around to find the places that were still open.  But we did have fun at the places we stopped at, did lots of window shopping though!!

Found a woman downtown who was doing tarot readings -- Karen decided that we needed readings!!   Interesting!!!  Not sure how a deck of cards can tell me about myself and our futures!! 

But we had a blast talking to her!!

We wandered through a few stores looking at the neat knick knacks, checked out 'The Ruby Slipper' great gently used clothing! 




Played 'Man Bingo' at 'Shoefly & Sox' and had a blast!!  Even had a glass of wine while we were trying on shoes and playing Bingo!!!  Karen won the round that we played!! 

Found a pair of sandals that I really, really liked -- I may have to go back and buy them --- after talking myself into it over the next few days!!  Really like the people there. 

Not a bad night, but we both decided that we probably missed the best part of the evening by getting there so late -- next time we need to be there earlier!!

Hope to see you there!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap, I was thinking this was next week :(

Lilie said...

Nope this week!! Next week is 'Tasty Thursday!!' Hopefully you won''t forget that!!! We would like Carrie to DD you know!!