Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hopland Passport Day #2 - Sunday May 1

I have to say, offically, that I overdid it on saturday at the Hopland Passport!!  Thank goodness we had a DD -- Thanks so much Carrie!!



Sunday Turned out to be just as nice a day as Saturday!!  On our way out of town we picked up one of my co-workers, Marisela, to spend the day with us!!



We decided to hit the rest of the wineries -- or the in-town tasting rooms!!!



Parked at McNab and started the tasting there!!  We were, actually, just a little early, but that didn't stop us or them!!  We really like McNab and the wonderful dips that they always serve at their wine tasting!! Hmmm -- another one that I might just have to join.  You can even buy the dip packets there -- I admit that I bought a couple of them to use later -- probably at one of our girly get-togethers or some other such get-together!!  They, also, have a wonderful Sangria recipe that uses their 'Charisma' wine!!!  Yep!! I had to buy a couple of bottle of that too!!  One of these days I'm gonna make their Sangria!!  We were talking about making it for our next girly get-together(sunday?) or our monday 'Dancing With The Stars' get-together.



We then headed accross the street -- Carrie was hoping the 'hot' fireman was directing traffic again this year, but, alas . . .no!!



Brutacao was next on our list -- Their tasting room is also in with a really great Italian restaurant called 'The Crushed Grape' and they have 'Bocce Ball' courts.  Haven't tried the Bocce Ball yet, but maybe one of these days. . . .


I must say I have tried Brutacao's port and chocolate and hmmm is it good.  Being associated with an Italian restaurant they naturally serve piza, but not just any pizza - gourmet pizza's!!! 


Then it was on to another new winery/tasting room for passport - Cesar Toxqui, not bad for a small winery, will have to keep an eye on them in the future.  And yes. . . they served a mexican chicken dish, Marisela knew what it was called, but all I knew was that it was good and they served homemade flan to go along with it!! 










Right next door ar SIP they were tasting wine from the Patianna winery. I just love stopping in and chatting with Angela and Bernadette at SIP!  The wine is good too!




We headed a little further down the street to McDowell -- great gift shop and tasting room!!  the food was good too!!  Soft tacos!! Can you tell what I really come to this for? . . . the food!!  Oh yes, and the wine!!










Back across the street to what I like to call tasting room row!!  All of these tasting rooms are almost side by side in downtown Hopland!!  First of the bunch was Weibel -- their in town tasting room is fairly new, I still like heading out to the winery for the tasting better -- what a great place and another great view, so peaceful!!  Alycia's favorite by far I think -- they have some great sparkling wines and even have a non-alcoholic sparkling wine!!!


Next door is Graziano's tasting room!!  Some nice wines that are actually from Redwood Valley, the other side of Ukiah!!  Kind of funny that their tasting room is in Hopland!!  They have some great homegrown BBQ beef and wild rice salad that they present each time at passport!!  I understand that they grow the beef themselves and you can even buy it at the winery!!  Now that's some fresh meat!!




McFadden was the last of bunch for today. 


















We all kinda took things easy and light on the drinking today!!  At least I know I did.  We were, actaully done about 3pm, I am sure Marisela was glad about that as she had worked all night and had only taken a cat nap prior to going out with us!! So we headed back to McNab, did a little more window shopping!!  Then headed home!!

Carrie, Alycia, Me and Marisela
Here we are in front of McNab's Tasting room at their fountain, Danielle didn't want her picture taken!!  So she took the pic and caught me with my eyes closed -- boy do I looked smashed!!  Well. . . it was the end of the day!!
Can't wait till the autumn Hopland Passport!!!

No comments: